Monday, January 10, 2011

Lamest excuse ever.....

I will admit it, I have been a terrible blogger!
I think the term is super slack!!!
I am going to blame my Iphone. Huh? wait, I'll explain...
See, I check all of my emails on my phone now and I also read all of my favourite blogs on there too. The problem is that it is such a pain to leave comments and stuff using the phone that I think, I'll get on the computer and comment on that. You know what I mean?
But then.... I never need to get on the real computer anymore because I have already checked my emails and blogs etc...
So, No blogging and no leaving comments for friends on their blogs.
SUPER SLACK!!!
I have been sewing.
I finished the Freckled Whimsy quilt along.
I quilted a tight stipple in the white sections and left the coloured pieces alone. I love how it turned out! It was more a test for me to see how much control I had while I quilted the centre of the quilt.
I am pretty excited about trying new quilt techniques now! Any ideas???



I also started and finished a quilt top out of one of my Botany Jelly rolls. This was a kit I bought.
It was supposed to need 2 Jelly Rolls cause those corners were supposed to be mitred but I went with the easy answer and did them this way and cut a few strips from the yardages I had and only needed 1 Jelly roll.
I love this top and I cant wait to quilt it. Such a good size, I think it is about 73 inches square.

This next quilt was copied (eeekk!) straight from one I saw on Flikr. I don't usually do this but I just loved it and I had the fabric. I Love it just as much now that I have sewn it too!!!
I figure that as long as I credit where the idea came from its more like sharing than stealing yeah?
Have any of you made a quilt just like one you've seen? No imagination necessary? I'm not the only one am I???
I think that is all I have photos of at the moment. You are just gonna have to believe me when I say that I wont be gone so long this time!
Kelli
xxx

9 comments:

Amy Friend said...

I love, love, love the quilting on that first quilt! It give the quilt a whole new look. Great job!!

rachandcarl said...

Clair and i were just saying i bet kelli has made a load of quilts!!

Suzanne said...

Well done Mrs Kelli! I love the quilting on the first quilt - you turned a gorgeous quilt into a sensational one. I love the New Wave Quilt by Oh Fransson as well! I made this one a while back and it was a great one to piece. I love the fabric choice.

Shay said...

Love all your creations especially the top one. Inspired!

Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging or you dont feel like it or whatever... go with the flow chickee!

Kirsten said...

Yay a new post! ;) I LOVE the quilting on your quilt along quilt, it really makes it pop, wow!

Kristie said...

Thata girl! You are back with a vengence. Three quilts??? You are a machine! I love the quilting on #!- fantastic! And yoru new wave reminded me that I have one sitting, basted, needing some quilting love and attention to finish it off. One of these days, eh? Nice to have you back! But you gotta get commenting- I miss your wise cracks!

Mary-Anne said...

The freckled whimsy quilt looks awesome! Love the tight stippling. I'm putting together one myself and am tempted to steal your idea if I ever get it finished. And I can't wait to see how you'll quilt the new wave quilt.

Unknown said...

Hi, I linked to your blog from Obsessive Crafting Disorder. I love the quilting on your Freckled Whimsy quilt, if you're looking for other methods I have just discovered The Free Motion Quilting Project she has some great quilting ideas.

Kristen said...

Love the quilting! Nope, most patterns that are sold I can replicate in my sleep. ;) Love the colors you picked!